Description of 6-Inch LED Retrofit Module for Recessed Lights,
630 Lumens, 14.2W, 3000K, Damp Location
Retrofit your inefficient recessed lights with this 6-inch LED recessed module that uses only 14.2 watts of power and delivers bright, high quality light. The downlight module is dimmable, safe in damp locations, and backed by a 3-year warranty.
- White Trim
- Overall Height: 4.75in
- Overall Diameter: 7-1/16in, includes white trim (See the Specifications & Measurements tab.)
- Aluminum Heat Sink: dissipates heat from LEDs, keeping their temperature low and increasing their rated life
- Frosted Polycarbonate Diffuser: ensures that the area below is uniformly lit and does not have “hot spots” of well-lit areas separated by dark areas
- LEDs: the module uses LEDs with an integrated driver
- Light Output: 630 lumens
- Wattage: only 14.2 watts
- Efficacy: 44 lumens/watt
- Warm White Light: color temperature of 3000K
- Color Rendering Index: 77 CRI
- Long Life: 35,000 hours of rated life on average
- Base Type: E26 screw-in medium base
- Line Voltage: 120V, 60Hz AC
- Dimmable: with most incandescent dimmers. For a complete description of the dimmers that are specifically designed to control line voltage housings please see Dimmers for Line Voltage Lighting Systems.
- Retrofit or New Construction: this recessed light module can retrofit previously installed downlights or it can be used with new construction
- Easy to Install: just remove existing lamp and trim, attach the module’s base adapter to existing socket, and secure the LED downlight module in the housing with built-in clips. Also, please refer to these Installation Instructions (PDF). Always check local electrical codes and the National Electrical Code (NEC) before installing any lighting products. It is also wise to consult with a licensed electrician in your geographical area about any electrical details that you might have questions about and to make certain that you are satisfying all of the appropriate electrical codes.
- Dimmer and Housing Compatibility: to learn more about dimmer and recessed housing compatibility, please read the LED Retrofit Module compatibility (PDF)
- Suitable for Damp Locations
- Lighting Facts Label: yes, this module carries a Lighting Facts Label (See the Specifications & Measurements tab.)
- UL Listed: UL Listed in the USA & Canada
- Brand: American Lighting
- 3-Year Warranty: this recessed downlight carries a 3-year warranty
- Large Quantity Discount: If you would like us to quote on a large quantity of 6-Inch Retrofit Modules please call us at our toll-free number, 800.392.4818, or use the online Quotation Request for Large Quantities form. We are always happy to provide you with our best large quantity pricing.
DOE Lighting Facts Label
6-Inch LED Dimmable Retrofit Module for Recessed Lights,
630 Lumens, 14.2W, 3000K, Damp Location Dimensions
Select the quantity of your Accessories below, then click the Add to Cart button at the bottom of the Accessories tab.
By Chuck from Murfressboro TN on August 15, 2012
Will these fit directly into a new build 6in can mounted in the outside eave of your home to light your home from above?
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on August 15, 2012
Yes, these can be used in new construction 6-inch housings. Good luck with your lighting project!
6-Inch LED Dimmable Retrofit Module for Recessed Lights, 630 Lumens, 14.2W, 3000K, Damp Location
Stars based on
St. Louis, MO
I would recommend this item to a friend.
March 18, 2013
I had eighteen of these recessed lights installed in my kitchen and great room. The quality of the light is amazing. It's very clear warm light. I also like the sealed unit where the light bulb and the rim are one unit - so that when you look up you're not seeing the space around the bulb as with traditional recessed lighting.
Pros:Light quality and look.
Cons:The only issue was that I had to replace all my dimmers to special dimmers that work with LED. Also the lowest level on the dimmers does not dim the light as much as with the old recessed bulbs. I think it goes to about 48% rather than about 20%.
I would recommend this item to a friend.
Good Value - But has a delay before the light turns on
October 19, 2011
These would be fine for interior hallways or other areas where the lights are always on. They are bright and reasonably priced.
Pros:Good light quality
Cons:Delay when turned on
|by American LightingThis how-to segment from American Lighting shows you how to install an LED downlight...Read Entire Article|