About our 6-Inch LED Dimmable Retrofit Module for Recessed Lights, 587 Lumens, 12.9W, 3000K, Damp Location
Retrofit your 6-inch recessed lights with this ENERGY STAR qualified LED downlight module that is designed for a long life and high performance. The module is easy-to-install and features reliable CREE LEDs that emit warm white light.
- White Trim
- Overall Height: 5in
- Overall Diameter: 7in, includes white trim
- Aluminum Heat Sink: dissipates heat from LEDs, keeping their temperature low and increasing their rated life
- Frosted Polycarbonate Diffuser: ensures that the area below is uniformly lit and does not have "hot spots" of well-lit areas separated by dark areas
- CREE LEDs: the module uses CREE LEDs with an integrated driver
- Light Output: 587 lumens
- Wattage: only 12.9 watts
- Efficacy: 45.5 lumens/watt
- Warm White Light: color temperature of 3000K
- Color Rendering Index: 83 CRI
- Long Life: 35,000 hours of rated life on average
- Base Type: E26 screw-in medium base
- Line Voltage: 120V, 60Hz AC
- Dimmable: with most incandescent dimmers. For a complete description of the dimmers that are specifically designed to control line voltage housings please see Dimmers for Line Voltage Lighting Systems.
- Retrofit or New Construction: this recessed light module can retrofit previously installed downlights or it can be used with new construction
- Easy to Install: just remove existing lamp and trim, attach the module's base adapter to existing socket, and secure the LED downlight module in the housing with built-in clips. Also, please refer to these Installation Instructions (PDF). Always check local electrical codes and the National Electrical Code (NEC) before installing any lighting products. It is also wise to consult with a licensed electrician in your geographical area about any electrical details that you might have questions about and to make certain that you are satisfying all of the appropriate electrical codes.
- Dimmer and Housing Compatibility: to learn more about dimmer and recessed housing compatibility, please read the LED Retrofit Module compatibility (PDF)
- Suitable for Damp Locations
- ENERGY STAR Qualified
- Lighting Facts Label: yes, this module carries a Lighting Facts Label
- CA Title 24 Compliant: this product complies with the strict energy efficiency requirements established by the state of California
- UL Listed: UL Listed in the USA & Canada
- Brand: American Lighting
- 3-Year Warranty: this recessed downlight carries a 3-year warranty
- Large Quantity Discount: If you would like us to quote on a large quantity of 6-Inch Retrofit Modules, please call us at our toll-free number or use the online Quotation Request for Large Quantities form. We are always happy to provide you with our best large quantity pricing.
Specifications & Measurements
DOE Lighting Facts Label
6-Inch LED Dimmable Retrofit Module for Recessed Lights,
587 Lumens, 12.9W, 3000K, Damp Location Dimensions
6-Inch LED Retrofit Module for Recessed Lights, 587 Lumens, 12.9W Photometrics
6-Inch LED Dimmable Retrofit Module for Recessed Lights, 587 Lumens, 12.9W, 3000K, Damp Location
By Bubba G from Tennessee on January 30, 2014
Is this fixture suitable for use in a shower
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on January 31, 2014
No, you need to use a wet location retrofit module for above a shower. This item is damp location rated so it's not acceptable for direct water spray.
By Michael Aenett from Lakewood, Washington on December 31, 2013
How do I install this light into the fixture that all ready in the use? Or does the old fixture have to be removed?
By Chris from Pegasus Lighting on December 31, 2013
In an existing 6 inch recessed light you would remove the existing lamp and trim. Then you screw this retrofit into the lamp socket in your housing and then insert the module into the housing using. Secure the module into the housing with the clips on the module.