About our 5-Inch LED Dimmable Retrofit Module for Recessed Lights, 981 Lumens, 14.6W, Wet Location, Decorative Glass Trim
Choose decorative glass LED retrofit modules for enhancing a space with an attractive light fixture and festive lighting. Each module includes a piece of tempered glass that attaches to the trim. The high-quality LEDs will last up to 50,000 hours and are available in three different color temperatures.
- Decorative Tempered Glass: decorative tempered glass creates visual interest and sparkle lighting. Choose from 4 glass attachments. For a layered look, purchase an additional piece of glass (sold separately). A maximum of 2 pieces of glass can attach to each retrofit module.
- 3 Color Temperature Options: 2700K (warm white), 3000K (warm white), 4000K (cool white)
- 2 Reflector Trim Finishes:
(Specular: smooth polished surface; mirror-like. Flange: a rim, collar, or ring around the outside of the reflector. Recessed Trim = reflector + flange.)
- Overall Height: 5.25in
- Diameter: 6.5in including the trim’s flange (outside diameter); only 4-5/8in aperture (inside diameter)
- Heat Sink: dissipates heat from LEDs, keeping their temperature low and increasing their rated life
- CREE LEDs: the module uses LEDs from Cree with an integrated driver
- Light Output: 981 lumens
- Wattage: only 14.6 watts
- 3 Color Temperatures: choose from color temperatures of 2700K (warm white), 3000K (warm white), and 4000K (cool white)
- Excellent Color Rendering: 91 CRI
- Very Long Life: 50,000 hours of rated life on average
- Base Type: E26 screw-in medium base. A GU24 adapter is required if you would like to install this module in a GU24 housing
- Input Voltage: 120V, 60Hz AC
- Dimmable: down to 5 percent.
- Retrofit or New Construction: this recessed light module can be used in previously installed downlights or with new construction recessed lights
- Easy to Install: just remove existing lamp and trim, attach the module’s base adapter to existing socket, and secure LED downlight module in housing with built-in friction blades. Please refer to these Installation Instructions (PDF). Always check local electrical codes and the National Electrical Code (NEC) before installing any lighting products. It is also wise to consult with a licensed electrician in your geographical area about any electrical details that you might have questions about and to make certain that you are satisfying all of the appropriate electrical codes.
- Housing Compatibility: designed for use in an existing line voltage (120V) 5-inch IC or Non-IC housing with a medium base socket. Compatible housings are PNHIC-501Q-AT, PNH-501Q, PNHRIC-504Q-AT, and PNHR-504Q, which are sold separately.
- This product is part of Nora Lighting's LED Retrofit Diamond Series. For more information, and to see how easy it is to install, view this video from Nora Lighting.
- Decorative Tempered Glass: customize your LED retrofit module with an additional piece of attractive, high-quality glass. One additional piece of glass can be attached to the retrofit module.
- Compatible Dimmer
- Compatible Housing
- GU24 Base Adapter: allows LED retrofit module to be installed in GU24 housings
- Suitable for Wet Locations
- ENERGY STAR Qualified
- RoHS Compliant
- CA Title 24 Compliant: this product complies with the strict energy efficiency requirements established by the state of California
- UL Listed in USA & Canada
- Brand: Nora Lighting Diamond 90+ CRI Series
- 5-Year Warranty
- Large Quantity Discount: If you would like us to quote on a large quantity of 5-Inch Retrofit Modules for Recessed Lights, please call us at our toll-free number or use the online Quotation Request for Large Quantities form. We are always happy to provide you with our best large quantity pricing.
5-Inch LED Dimmable Retrofit Module for Recessed Lights, 981 Lumens, 14.6W, Wet Location, Decorative Glass Trim
By Melissa from United States on December 2, 2012
For a shower, I'm uncertain which reflector - white vs clear - and which glass style would work best. For glass the choices are Clear with frosted center or Frosted with clear center ... or Clear with frosted and open center! I'd like to know which choices would keep us from being blinded if we look straight up at the light and look best from across the room (8 feet max), while providing the brightest possible lighting in a corner placed shower.
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on December 3, 2012
The reflector style truly is an aesthetic decision. I personally prefer white reflector because it blends it better with the ceiling (assuming your ceiling is white).
In terms of glass, I would recommend the frosted center because it will diffuse the light that is coming straight down out of the recessed light.