About our 4-Inch LED Dimmable Retrofit Module for Recessed Lights, 411 Lumens, 8W, 3000K, Damp Location
Use this 4-inch downlight module with CREE LEDs to retrofit less efficient incandescent or halogen recessed lights. With its long rated life, warm white color temperature, and high lumen output, you'll be enjoying this bright LED recessed light for years.
- White Trim
- Overall Height: 3.75in
- Overall Diameter: 5in, includes white trim
- Aluminum Heat Sink: dissipates heat from LEDs, keeping their temperature low and increasing their rated life
- Frosted Polycarbonate Diffuser: ensures that the area below is uniformly lit and does not have "hot spots" of well-lit areas separated by dark areas
- CREE LEDs: the module uses CREE LEDs with an integrated driver
- Light Output: 411 lumens
- Wattage: only 8 watts
- Efficacy: 51 lumens/watt
- Warm White Light: color temperature of 3000K
- Color Rendering Index: 78 CRI
- Long Life: 35,000 hours of rated life on average
- Base Type: E26 screw-in medium base
- Line Voltage: 120V, 60Hz AC
- Dimmable: with most incandescent dimmers. For a complete description of the dimmers that are specifically designed to control line voltage housings please see Dimmers for Line Voltage Lighting Systems.
- Retrofit or New Construction: this recessed light module can retrofit previously installed downlights or it can be used with new construction
- Easy to Install: just remove existing lamp and trim, attach the module's base adapter to existing socket, and secure the LED downlight module in the housing with built-in clips. Also, please refer to these Installation Instructions (PDF). Always check local electrical codes and the National Electrical Code (NEC) before installing any lighting products. It is also wise to consult with a licensed electrician in your geographical area about any electrical details that you might have questions about and to make certain that you are satisfying all of the appropriate electrical codes.
- Dimmer and Housing Compatibility: to learn more about dimmer and recessed housing compatibility, please read the LED Retrofit Module compatibility (PDF)
- Suitable for Damp Locations
- Lighting Facts Label: yes, this module carries a Lighting Facts Label
- CA Title 24 Compliant: this product complies with the strict energy efficiency requirements established by the state of California
- UL Listed: UL Listed in the USA & Canada
- Brand: American Lighting
- 3-Year Warranty: this recessed downlight carries a 3-year warranty
- Large Quantity Discount: If you would like us to quote on a large quantity of 4-Inch Retrofit Modules please call us at our toll-free number or use the online Quotation Request for Large Quantities form. We are always happy to provide you with our best large quantity pricing.
Specifications & Measurements
DOE Lighting Facts Label
4-Inch LED Dimmable Retrofit Module for Recessed Lights,
411 Lumens, 8W, 3000K, Damp Location Dimensions
4-Inch LED Dimmable Retrofit Module for Recessed Lights, 411 Lumens, 8W, 3000K, Damp Location
By Frank from Houston, TX on February 7, 2014
I am trying to find something to replace the existing incandescent fixtures (40W) in my bedroom headboard which are operated by 3-level touch controls. will something like this work?
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on February 8, 2014
This retrofit module is designed to be installed inside of a 4-inch recessed housing. It is not designed to go directly into a headboard. I would suggest consulting our mini recessed lights page for products that will suit your application. http://www.pegasuslighting.com/miniature-recessed-lighting.html
By Jon from Montana on December 30, 2013
What is the beam angle of this light? I have 50 watt par30ln halogen flood lamps now and want to replace them with LED lamps or retrofit modules. Any suggestions?
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on January 2, 2014
The beam angle is 85 degrees. I generally recommend using retrofit modules compared to LED lamps in recessed lights because of the lower cost and better compatibility.