About our 4-Inch LED Recessed Downlights
The four-inch LED recessed architectural downlight is a bright, energy-efficient lighting alternative to conventional recessed downlights for both commercial and residential applications.
- Award Winner: Lighting for Tomorrow, an independent lighting fixture competition, named this 4in LED Architectural Downlight a winner for the 2008 Fixture Design Competition in the Solid State Lighting Category. Lighting fixtures were evaluated on the basis of attractiveness, value, innovation, and functionality.
- 4 Models:
||Moderate Recess 15°
||Deep Recess 30°
|Incandescent Color (2700K)
|Neutral Color (3500K)
- Includes 3 Components: housing + LED light engine + reflector trim
(1) one recessed architectural housing with rugged integral hanger bars;
(2) one of 4 CREE LED light engines with retention mechanisms:
one moderate recess LED light engine with 2700K LEDs or 3500K LEDs or
one deep recess LED light engine with 2700K LEDs or 3500K LEDs;
(3) one of 2 white trims with an anodized aluminum reflector: one for moderate recess or one for deep recess
- Architectural Housing: durable cold rolled steel housing and extruded aluminum heat sink making it suitable for both insulated and non-insulated ceilings
- Integrated Thermal Management System: conducts heat away from the LEDs and transfers it to the surrounding environment. LED junction temperatures stay below specified maximums when installed in attic insulation with temperatures exceeding 60° Celsius (140° Fahrenheit).
- Housing Dimensions: 7.0in(H) x 8.75in(W) x 14.0in(L)
- Exceeds California Title 24: exceeds California Title 24 high efficacy luminaire requirements
- Airtight Rated: tested in accordance with ASTM E283 (The ASTM is an international standards organization originally known as the American Society for Testing and Materials.)
- CREE LEDs: proprietary CREE LED technology delivers high quality white light
- Very Good Light Output: moderately recessed unit (PLR4-15) delivers 540 lumens; deeply recessed unit (PLR4-30) delivers 515 lumens
- 2 Color Temperatures: two color temperatures of warm white (2700K) or cool white (3500K)
- Excellent Color Rendering: 94 CRI for 2700K or 91 CRI for 3500K
- Excellent LED Life: designed for 50,000 hours lifetime - when light output drops below 70% of initial output
- Active Color Management System: maintains color consistency
- Unique Optical System: utilizes a unique combination of reflective and refractive optical components to achieve a uniform, comfortable appearance. Pixelation and direct view of uncomfortable LEDs is eliminated.
- White Lower Reflector: balances brightness of refractor with the ceiling to create comfortable high-angle appearance. Works with refractor to deliver an optimized distribution that illuminates walls and vertical surfaces increasing the sense of spaciousness.
- Extremely Energy-Efficient: uses only about 11 watts (10.5 - 11.1 watts)
- Electrical System: integral, high efficiency driver and power supply
- Electrical Specifications: 120 VAC, 60 Hz, 12 watts
- Dimmable: to 20% with some incandescent dimmers. For a complete description of the dimmers that are specifically designed to control line voltage housings please see Dimmers for Line Voltage Lighting Systems.
- UL Listed for Damp Locations: tested and certified to UL standards
- Housing: recessed housing with integral nailer and ceiling grid attachment detail. Integral bar hangers accommodate spans from 10-1/4in to 24-3/4in without sag. The adjustable bar hanger brake prevents hangers form sliding during installation and holds position once installed. Integral t-bar attachment clip engages with suspended ceilings to support fixture. Please refer to these Housing Installation Instructions (PDF).
- LED Light Engine: please refer to these LED Light Engine Installation Instructions (PDF)
- Variable Ceiling Thickness: accommodates ceiling thickness from 0.25in to 4in
- World-Changing Technology: the PLR4 is an amazing combination of technical innovations, including breakthroughs in optical design, electronics design, mechanical design, and thermal management. The core of the innovation is a new way to generate white light with LEDs.
- A Better Way to Generate White Light: the technology is elegantly simple, yet incredibly effective. It delivers high efficacy light with beautiful, warm color characteristics by mixing the light from yellow and red LEDs. This approach enables active color management that maintains tight color consistency over the life of the product.
- Effective Thermal Management: ensuring the long life of an LED product depends on effectively controlling the operating temperature of the LEDs. The PLR4 was designed to utilize all components to effectively transfer heat and keep the maximum LED temperature at or below acceptable levels even its worst-case environment.
- Unprecedented Aperture Appearance the PLR4 optical system improves upon the desirable aesthetic of a smooth aperture appearance. Cree technology enables a light source and reflected image that are smoother and more uniform than possible with incandescent or compact fluorescent. This means that PLR4 downlight integrates cleanly with architecture and deliver crisp and clean light scallops on vertical surfaces that are free of distracting striations or hot spots.
- ENERGY STAR Qualified
- Large Quantity Discount: If you would like us to quote on a large quantity of 4-Inch LED Recessed Architectural Downlights, please call us at our toll free number or use the online Quotation Request for Large Quantities form. We are always happy to provide you with our best large quantity pricing.
4-Inch LED Recessed Downlights
By Skip Davison from Bismarck, ND on July 8, 2013
What color of trims come with this fixture, is there a choice???
By Jacob from Pegasus Lighting on July 8, 2013
These downlights include a white trim with aluminum reflector.