Description of 4-Inch Low Voltage New Construction Air Tight Recessed Lighting Housing
This four-inch recessed lighting housing features dimming compatibility, air tight construction, and a design that can be used in sloped ceilings. Itís also UL approved for damp locations. Use this recessed housing in new construction or where there is access above the insulated ceiling.
- Dimensions: only 5-5/8in high x 5.75in wide x 10in long
- 4-3/8in Ceiling Cutout: only 4-3/8in in diameter
- Adjustable Bar Hangers: bar hangers are adjustable up to 24 inches for easy, nail-free installation; bar hangers are also T-bar compatible
- Ceiling Insulation: because this housing is not IC-rated ceiling insulation must be kept at least 3 inches away from all outside surfaces of the housing
- Air Tight Construction: complies with the strict Washington State Energy Code (WSEC) that restricts airflow through recessed lighting housings
- Sloped Ceilings: this housing can be used in sloped ceilings
- Light Bulb: uses an MR16 12-volt Halogen Lamp (Lamps can be ordered on the Accessories tab). The specific lamp to be used is determined by the trim that is selected. To view the various trims that can be used with this housing please click on 4-Inch Low Voltage Trims.
- Wattage of Lamp: 20 watts, 35 watts, or 50 watts (max.)
- Transformer: integral magnetic Class H thermally protected 12-volt transformer preinstalled onto J-box
- Junction Box: J-box is UL listed for through branch circuit wiring
- Quick Connectors: J-box is equipped with "quick connectors" for quick, easy push-in electrical connections. If the installer prefers to use wire nuts, the "quick connectors" may be easily removed.
- Several Knockouts: junction box has four 1/2in knockouts, two 3/4in knockouts, and four more knockouts with true pry-out slots
- UL Listed for Damp Location: this housing is UL listed for damp locations
- Dimmable: for a complete description of the dimmers that are specifically designed to control the magnetic transformers that are part of these low voltage housings please click on Dimmers for Magnetic Low Voltage Lighting Systems
- Specifications Sheet: to learn more details about this recessed housing please click Spec Sheet
- Accessories: click Accessories to learn more and order
- Many Decorative Trims Available: to view the various trims that can be used with this housing just click on 4-Inch Low Voltage Trims
- Large Quantity Discount: If you would like us to quote on a large quantity of 4-Inch Low Voltage Air Tight New Construction Recessed Lighting Housings, please call us at our toll free number, 800.392.4818, or use the online Quotation Request for Large Quantities form. We are always happy to provide you with our best large quantity pricing.